Do you have a heart for vulnerable children? Are you an experienced marketing professional looking for a position that allows you to use your skills while making a difference? If so, you may want to consider joining the FCW team. We are currently looking for a motivated individual to join our team as the Director of Marketing!
Marketing Director job description:
The Marketing Director should:
- Be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ; a genuine, obedient, intentional disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Be fully committed to their spouse and family, as applicable.
- Be committed to a local church.
The Marketing & Social Media Director is responsible for FCW’s marketing, advertising/public relations functions, providing strategic leadership, setting creative vision and brand identity.
Type of Position: Full Time
The position is flexible in regard to location. However, the Marketing & Social Media Director is expected to work on-site at the FCW headquarters at least one day week.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Marketing Plan: Creating and maintaining a master marketing strategy that includes utilizing website, email strategy, SMS, text-to-give, Peer-to-Peer, (third party tools) social media, messaging, video marketing, search engine ads/adwords, and direct mail.
- Define target audiences and personas
- Refining our UVP (Unique Value Proposition)
- Creating and manage marketing campaigns—e.g. Tool Kits for churches and individuals.
- Social Media management
- Creating a communication strategy with a comprehensive calendar to interact with low level donors, recurring donors, & mid-level donors and Imp act Donors. (Separate strategy for each)
- Being familiar with direct mail appeals.
- Staying up-to-date on marketing trends in the industry.
- Segmenting communications to reach different groups (level of giving & lapsed, renewal, upgrade, & recruitment).
- Writing and editing
- Brand Management: Managing FCW’s brand, including brand standards, brand tracking research, brand sing-off process, and guidelines that maintain consistent messaging, tone and visual identity across all communication methods.
- Creating and managing FCW marketing/promotional materials
- Website and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) management- create and update all content for the website.
- Media and public relations – press releases, etc.
- Event promotion and marketing
- Previous experience with marketing & oversight of marketing strategy is required in order to apply for this position.
- Experience in non-profit fundraising/marketing
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Work independently and within a team.
- Self-motivated and able to determine creative marketing solutions without being micromanaged.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- A willingness to oversee a sustained Peer-to-Peer fundraising strategy.
- Experience with Creative Suite design software (Illustrator, Photoshop and/or InDesign)
- Experience writing web content and use of WordPress
- Familiarity with BombBomb, Constant Contact or other “email’ tool
- Experience with CRM tools is preferred
- Video production/editing and photography is an asset, but not required
To apply for the position, email your resume and cover letter to Matt Hartsell by clicking the APPLY NOW button below. Qualified candidates will be contacted for potential interview.