This year we have created a new annual award to be given to an individual who displays leadership coupled with a servant’s heart.
Recipients of the Timothy Award mirror the character of Timothy as found in the New Testament.
Philippians 2:20-22 reads:
“I have no one else like Timothy, who genuinely cares about your welfare. All the others care only for themselves and not for what matters to Jesus Christ. But you know how Timothy has proved himself. Like a son with his father, he has served with me in preaching the Good News.”
Timothy-like character qualities include:
- The ability to lead others with a spirit of meekness
- An obvious love for Christ and His mandate to care for the orphan and anyone in need
- A proactive manner—they can identify something that needs to be done and they immerse themselves in the task of meeting the need
- A positive attitude that is contagious and uplifting to others serving with them
- Placing the interests of others above their own
This year’s recipient has been volunteering with FCW for 6 years. Always ready to assist behind the scenes, she believes no task is too large—or too small.
Although she is retired, she serves as a weekly receptionist and is always faithful. Moreover, she uses her administrative skills to assist our financial assistant with bookkeeping, data entry and other tasks that call for the job to be done “right”.
This year’s recipient is Ann Sparks. Thank you so much, Ann, for all that you do!