Our key fundraising events, the annual Benefit Dinner and Auction and the FCW Golf Classic, are planned and executed seamlessly by a team of volunteers orchestrated by Natalie Millard, FCW events coordinator.
“It takes no special skills,” Natalie said. “Just a caring heart and a little faith.”
Natalie and her husband Josh Millard, a member of the FCW Project Management Team, have two boys, Braxten (11) and Lucas (8), who compete in BMX as part of International BMX Ministries.
After seeing the stark contrast between children in Uganda who live in the villages and the children who live in orphan homes operated by our ministry partners, Natalie was hooked on the work of FCW. She’s been volunteering for seven years, first in child sponsorship correspondence, then event management.
When she’s not volunteering, Natalie works as office manager in Josh’s financial advising business, Millard Advisors, Inc.
Little-known facts about Natalie:
- Birthday: March 29
- Hobbies: being a mom, running, Bible study and mountain biking
- Best movie: The Italian Job
- Favorite snack: Nestle’s 100 Grand bar
- Favorite beverage: very cold water
The full team responsible for the February 25 Benefit Dinner & Auction includes:
- Natalie Millard (chair)
- Megan Davis (co-chair)
- Elizabeth Bertsch
- Jamie Corle
- Jenna Dammeier
- Terri Gibson
- Jim Miller II (FCW Board of Directors)
- Trout Moser (FCW Board of Directors)
- Jeff Patterson (FCW Director of Development)
- Janée Nussbaum (FCW Chief Financial Officer)
- Kara Wickey (FCW Financial Assistant)
- Gary Penner (FCW Director of Communications)