How to Help
Several options exist for you to do something to help a child:
- Sponsor a child for less than $1 per day - not only will you provide for a child's education, clothing, medical care, food and spirtual mentoring, but you will minimize the chances this child will be trafficked into debt bondage or into the sex trade.
- Sign up to be an Orphan Prayer Advocate; agreeing to pray for the children of FCW and the ministry of this organization
- Host a Benefit Dinner with all proceeds benefiting the children
- Host your own 5K Benefit Run for FCW. We can provide you with all of the materials you will need to make your event a success.
- Instead of buying wedding favors, we have a "Wedding tool-kit," where your guests can give a gift to Forgotten Children Worldwide. You'll save money, and your guest will appreciate your desire to help orphans and vulnerable children.
- Conduct a Garage Sale or Bake Sale giving the proceeds to FCW. We will provide you with a tool-kit with what you will need to promote the sale.
- Host a Forgotten Children Worldwide Month at your place of business, church, school or club. We can provide materials and creative ideas.
- Host your own “I Have Enough!” Campaign with friends, neighbors, school or church.
- Host a FCW House Party — invite your friends and neighbors. We can provide ideas for you!
- Participate in FCW’s annual Golf Benefit at Timber Ridge in Bluffton, Ind. each June….or create and host your own event. We can help you get started.
- Volunteer to pack clothes at FCW’s Orphan Exhibit & Packing Center in Bluffton, Indiana. (Can host up to around 50 people).
- Collect used clothing and deliver items to one of our northeast Indiana collection sites.
- Collect financial resources to assist with the sizable shipping costs and forward them to FCW. It costs about $7,000 to send a 40-foot container of clothing — over 800 boxes (approaching 20,000 pounds)!
FCW has step-by-step guides and instruction. All you have to do is ask. You may also want to serve on a volunteer team. Several volunteer opportunities exist - "Be the ONE...Save a Child."